1. Reuben and Evelena (Varnum) Moore at their home in Winston, OR, in June 1953.
2. John Thomas Moore and Hannah (Gleason) Moore, probably about 1910. They were Gail Johnson's paternal grandparents.
3. Reuben Levon Moore. This was Gail Johnson's father as a young man. Born 1898. Died 1960.
4. Charles Moore
(Charles was Reuben older brother. He was also Gail's uncle by both blood and, coincidentally marriage)
5. Lydia (Daniels) Varnum, Gail's maternal grandmother, and Evelena (Varnum) Moore, Gail's mother, holding Vera Lorraine Moore, Gail's older and only sister. This was taken about 1926-7, probably in Newport, OR
6. Gail (Moore) Johnson's Birth Tree from July 26, 1943. This was completed by older sister Vera
7. Geneva Beryl Varnum (maybe) and her older sister Evelena Viola Varnum (Moore by then?), in the mid-1920's
8. Evelena (Varnum) Moore
9. Gordon Lindy Gene Moore, with Gordon Ray Simmons (oldest son of Vera Moore Simmons), a calf, and Gail Maxine Moore; 1946-ish; Days Creek Cutoff, Myrtle Creek, OR.
[You'll notice in many of these photos Lindy is usually wrestling some sort of livestock. GJ]
10. James Dennis Hosier (son of Charles Wildren Johnson by first marriage), his wife and children. 2001-ish. James was born in 1956. This is Kit's half-brother's family.
11. Gordon Lindy Gene Moore and Alberta Florence (Johnson, but no relation to us) Moore on their wedding day. 1948, Myrtle Creek , OR. The pekinese (Peke) belonged to Alberta's parents Howard ("Ted") and Viola.
12. Gordon Lindy Gene Moore in the Navy, c.1945
13. Uncle Vic (Victor) and Aunt Dally (Dallia Edith Varnum Moore) Phipps, c.1948, Roseburg, OR
14. Evelena Moore, Days Creek Cutoff, Myrtle Creek, OR, c. 1946. Structure in background is tent Vera and Ray Simmons lived in right after WWII when housing was hard to get.
15. "Lizzie and Van", cousins of Reuben Moore, but whether they were named Moore, Gleason, or Workman, we don't know. c. 1955 CA
16. Christopher Reuben Moore, son of Darrell ("Bunk") and Marian Moore, c. 1960
17. Dally Edith Varnum Moore, c 1925 (?), Newport, OR (?)
18. Darrell Levon (“Bunk”) Moore and Marian Johnson/Hosier Moore standing on old-growth
stump, c. 1948, Myrtle Creek, OR
19. Darrell Levon (“Bunk”) Moore and Marian (Johnson/Hosier) Moore all dressed up, c. 1949, Myrtle Creek, OR (Their wedding day?)
20. Gordon Lindy Gene Moore and Alberta Florence (Johnson) Moore posed on the ever-popular stump, c. 1948 near Myrtle Creek, OR
21. The Pin-up and the Brat
Vera Moore Simmons and baby sister Gail Maxine Moore, c. 1947. Days Creek Cutoff, Myrtle Creek, OR
22. George and Minerva Moore, cousins of Reuben Moore, c. 1955, CA
23. Rube and Evie Moore, c. 1940, Days Creek Cutoff, Myrtle Creek, OR (“the Place”)
[No wonder Daddy always wore a hat! GJ]
24. Butch, Chuck Johnson's collie, and a toddler for whom Ina Mae Weast Johnson-Hosier babysat
c.1950 at Lake Armstrong, near Arlington, WA
25. Butch and another child for whom Ina babysat c.1950 at Lake Armstrong, near Arlington, WA
26. Charles Wildren (Chuck) Johnson and Butch, c.1951 at Lake Armstrong near Arlington, WA
28. Marian Louise Johnson/Hosier Moore with David Michael Moore c. 1951, Myrtle Creek, OR
29. Darrell (Bunk) Moore and his son David Michael Moore c. 1951, Myrtle Creek, OR
30. Darrell Moore, Marian Johnson/Hosier Moore, and son David Michael Moore, c.1950, Myrtle Creek, OR
31. Ina May and Gilbert (Gil) Hosier, c. 1951, Myrtle Creek, OR
32. Charles Wildren Johnson and Darrell (Bunk) Moore, c. 1950, Myrtle Creek, OR
33. Charles (Chuck) Wildren Johnson and his mother Ina May Hosier, c. 1951, Arlington, WA
34. Ina May Hosier and Carla Metzger, c. 1951, Arlington, WA.
[Chuck Johnson met Carla when he was home on leave after Navy boot camp, probably July-August, 1951.]
35. Gilbert (Gil) and Ina May Hosier, Marian Johnson and Charles (Chuck) Johnson, c. 1951, Arlington, WA.
[Gil was Marian and Chuck's stepfather.]
36. Gilbert (Gil) Hosier, c. 1950, at the gas station/convenience store he and Ina operated near
37. Ina May and Gilbert (Gil) Hosier, c. 1950, Arlington, WA
38. Ina May and Gilbert (Gil) Hosier, c. 1950, Arlington, WA
39. Charles (Chuck) Wildren Johnson, c. 1950, Myrtle Creek, OR
40. Darrell Levon (Bunk) Moore, c.1949, Myrtle Creek, OR
[Probably his last school picture]
41. Charles (Chuck) Wildren Johnson, c. 1951
42. Gordon (Lindy) Moore and his friend Eddie(?) when they were at Long Beach Naval Base, CA, c.1947.
[Just clowning, they aren't really in jail, though maybe they should have been.]
43. Evelena Varnum (back right) at school in White Hills, Oklahoma, c.1918
44. May 1966 photo, including Aunt Nan Walters (89), Willa Wilson (68), Berta Colven (55), Ina Hosier (51), Marian Louise Moore (34), David Michael Moore (16), Christopher Reuben Moore (10)
45. 1966-67 photo, including Ina Hosier, Charles (Chuck) Johnson, Gail (Moore) Johnson, Kit Johnson and Julie Johnson, taken in Longview, WA
MooreGleasonHannahJohnGailgrandparent1910FamilyOther PhotographerOther Camera